General Race Information:
- Do I have to return my timing chip?
- No. Your chip is sealed directly to your race bib.
- What kind of weather can I expect?
- At this time of year, in Plover, the average high is 58°F and the average low is 38°F. The record high is 83°F and the record low is 22°F. Be prepared for any type of weather. We will post weather updates on our home page as the race approaches.
- How Long is the course open?
- The course is open for 6 hours / 8:00 AM until 2:00 PM
- Will there be any water, sports drink, and energy gel available on the course?
- Yes. Rest Stops and Porta Jons are placed at regular intervals.
- Is there an awards ceremony for the winners?
- There is no formal ceremony. Awards for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishers for men and women, in both events, are handed to the athlete as they finish.
- Is there participant parking at the Start/Finish Line?
- The parking lots at the Start/Finish line are in the secure area and there is no parking allowed here. Please refer to the Park Map for participant parking.
- What happens if I become injured on the course?
- We have 3 medical stations on the course as well as mobile EMT's and First Responders. Ministry Sports Medicine is present at the Start/Finish line with their mobile station. We are also well supported by the Plover Police Department, Portage County Sheriffs Department and Plover Fire Department.
- Is there a cap on the number of participants?
- Our event is not very large. A cap, for both events, is currently set at 500 participants.
- Are dogs or strollers allowed?
- For safety reasons, dogs and strollers are not allowed on the Marathon or Half Marathon course.
- Are skates or bikes allowed on the course?
- No unauthorized skates, bikes or vehicles are allowed on the course. This is for the safety of all.
- Can I wear headphones?
- We allow headphones. However, for safety reasons we ask that you keep the volume low so that you can hear participants and volunteers that may try to communicate with you.
- Can I walk the Full or Half Marathon race?
- You can walk as long as you can finish prior to course closure. When the course closes at 2:00 PM, we can no longer guarantee support and the sweep vehicle may pick you up.
- Are there showers available at the finish line?
- Unfortunately there are no showers available at the finish line. Water and rest room facilities are available.
- Where can I find race results?
- Race results will be posted on our website upon race completion.
- May I switch from one race to another - cancel or transfer my registration ?
- Registrations are final and cannot be changed, transferred or refunded.
- When can I pick up my race packet?
- Packet pick up is the day before the race at Woyak Park from 3:00-6:00 pm. (2017 Schedule)
- May someone else pick up my race packet for me?
- Yes. If you are unable to pick up your packet, you can have a friend or family member pick it up for you.
- May I register for an event on race day?
- No further registrations may be taken after the closing date on active.com.